|Artist Name:||David Alldridge|
|Art Groups:||Pastel Society of Victoria|
The Australian Guild of Realist Artists
David was born in Melbourne in 1968, and now lives in Hazelwood North in Gippsland.
He has been capturing the details of Australian wildlife in pencil since he first learned to draw. With nature as his inspiration and an eye for unconventional beauty, his work features a myriad of creeping, crawling, hopping and fluttering creatures, but his passion has always been frogs.
David is self-taught in pencil art, and a workshop in 2011 unleashed a dormant pastel monster. His work is rich in detail and colour and, until recently, mostly flora and fauna. His work now branches into landscape and portraiture.
Awards & Achievements Include:
- 2014 Mornington Art Show, Best mixed media
- 2014 AGRA Spring Exhibtion 1st Runner Up
- 2014 Australian Art Excellence Awards at AGRA, Best in Show
- 2014 AGRA Australian Art Online Spring Awards, Best overall painting
- 2014 AGRA AAL Spring, Commended
- 2015 AGRA Summer Exhibition, Commended
- 2015 Knox Art Show, Highly Commended
- 2015 Mirboo Nth Art Show, Best Drawing 1st prize
- 2015 Works published in the International Contemporary Artists book vol 10, from New York.
- 2016 Kenneth Jack Memorial Drawing Prize, Best in Illustrative catergory for "My Rock".
- 2017 Mirboo North Art Show, Best drawing 1st prize for "90 Miles".
Contact the Artist
For contact please send a message via email