|Artist Name:||Geraldine Taylor|
|State:||New South Wales|
Geraldine is a Sydney artist and patron of the arts. Her preferred mediums are gouache, watercolour, acrylics and pencil. Her works include landscapes, seascapes, flora and fauna. These display a great deal of detail and a vibrancy of colour, which highlight Geraldine’s unique style. Her wildlife art is growing in popularity. There has been a great deal of interest in Geraldine’s contemporary works recently.
Much of Geraldine’s work is privately commissioned both nationally and internationally and includes an extensive range of pet portraits, highly acclaimed for their likeness and portrayal of the individual character and personality of each pet. Her works are often enhanced by subtle airbrushing.
Geraldine’s background includes:
- Preparing and delivering Art Therapy Programs for young adults with a range of disabilities.
- 30+ years in Primary Ed in Qld & NSW in teaching, leadership, consultancy (Science &Tech & Ed Leadership).
- UWS lecturer in “Indigenous Teacher Ed Program” in the all subject areas.
- Cub & Scout leader for a many years & capably juggled her careers with a busy and happy family life.
Awards & Achievements Include:
- Exhibiting Artist at “Art on Burraneer” Gallery Caringbah South
- Coordinator – Oatley 101 Society of Artists Members’ exhibition 2014 - 2017.
- Coordinator/chair – Highly successful Waterbrook/Ardency Art Exhibition 2014 – 2018.
- President - Oatley 101 Society of Artists Inc 2014 – 2017.
- Artworks held in private collections in USA, UK, Canada, India, Japan, Germany, New Zealand and Australia.
- Guest critiquing artist at several art societies.
- Private tutor in gouache techniques.
- Developed and presented effective resume writing programs for artists.
- Demonstrations/workshops in gouache techniques to various art societies and community audiences.
- Works selected for exhibition in the ‘Combined Art Societies, Art of Sydney Awards’ (2009 to 2017).
- “Silent Watch,” is used in presentations by Andy Best, internationally respected Climate Change Advocate.
- “The Boys are Back in Town” used to advertise “When Bush Comes to Town Festival” in Vic in May 2016.
- Exhibiting artist with the successful “13 Leading Women Artists’ Exhibition” in 2012.
- Featured Artist Kurnell Art Gallery July 2012, June 2013, December 2013.
- Donated artworks for Response for Life, Sutherland Hospital, Rylestone Anglican Church, Retina Australia Association, YOTS, Rotary International, Harrington Park PS.
- Launched Harrington Park PS’s first student art exhibition in 2009.
- Highly commended – Oatley 101 Society of Artists Inc 16th Annual Members’ Exhibition 2016.
- Highly commended – Oil/Acrylic section Frost Over Barraba 2015
- Highly commended – Contemporary section Henry Lawson Festival 2015
- People’s Choice Award – Evans Arts Council Exhibition 2014 and Frost Over Barrabra 2015.
- Commended – Oatley 101 Society of Artists Members’ Exhibition 2014
- Commended – Waterbrook Open Art Exhibition 2014
- Commended – Contemporary section, Henry Lawson Festival Grenfell 2013.
- Finalist - Oatley 101 Members’ Exhibition 2010, 2012, 2013.
- People’s Choice Award Oatley 101 - November 2012, March 2013, August 2013, March 2014.