|Artist Name:||Rex Woodmore|
|Usual Style:||Contemporary Realist|
I retired in 2009 from horticulture and surprised my wife Lyn when I told her that I was going to re-invent myself as a self taught artist.
Lyn asked what I was going to paint (and suggested that the house could do with some painting).
As we both love trees and I have propagated and planted thousands of trees, plus having a name like ‘WOODmore’ trees seemed to be the obvious subject for my proposed artworks.
Today I am best known for paintings of trees, birds, animals and Jacaranda trees in particular, which I sell to clients around the world (Seventy four originals sold to date).
Influences and Inspiration
‘God’s creation, my inspiration. He put the Art in my HeArt’
I admire the great artworks of Claude Monet, George Stubbs, Vincent Van Gogh, Tom Roberts, Hans Heysen and Albert Namatjira (All famous artists who painted trees in their landscapes)
I am self taught, but blessed with an ability to produce paintings that others like enough to want to own them. My tree paintings have certainly proven popular, especially my Jacaranda trees, with many sales in Great Britain, Taiwan, America and several States of Australia.
My work is permanently on exhibition to the world on the internet.
Waterwheel Gallery in Bedfordale, Western Australia (owned and managed by the O'Neil family were the first gallery I approached in 2011 and I have been with them since. I was greatly encouraged when Ruth O'Neil, who set the gallery up with her husband many years ago was visiting at the time & purchased three of my paintings for her own personal collection of (in her words) "Early works of artists that I think will succeed"
I am not against art shows & have had private showings for church groups but I am always too busy to bother with art shows.
Art Work in Private Collections:
- The Private ‘Arizona Castleton Collection’ in the US consists of over twenty of my artworks. The Paintings were purchased three or four at a time over a period of a few months. I thought someone must be re-selling them but Wendy Castleton says she simply 'loves' my artworks. She has them displayed in her private home in Yuma Arizona.
Awards & Achievements Include:
- My work has been published by the University of Technology Sydney (ten of my Jacaranda paintings in a book on Jacarandas).
- Australia’s Artist's Palette magazine March 2017 has six pages of my work.
- Italy’s largest book publisher and France’s third largest publisher of magazines (Mondadori) has my work on the cover of a novel.
- Talented South Australian Songwriter Fiona Karamanlidis, has my work on the CD cover of award winning country songs.
- My largest painting to date, A Jacaranda tree, about 1 meter by 1 meter, was a commission work for a client in Florida USA.
- The Private ‘Arizona Castleton Collection’ in the US consists of over twenty of my artworks.
Contact the Artist
My preferred communication method is via email.