Australian Society of Coloured Pencil Artists
|Main Focus:||Coloured Pencils|
For many years coloured pencil artists within Australia discussed the possibility of having our own coloured pencil society. As experience and knowledge grew in Australia, so too did the desire to be create a national society, with international reach and impact.
Australia is a massive country, and so the biggest obstacle was the geographical diversity and isolation of our coloured pencil artists. Facebook has served well as the glue between artists, providing a real time platform for sharing and networking. But, with exposure, comes success and growth.
Many Australian artists truly felt that the time had come for a more formalised group, one that would cater for all levels of expertise, providing artists with clear pathways to appreciate and develop their skills. In August of 2015 an enthusiastic and determined team set about making the dream a reality.
Our mission is to facilitate the establishment of coloured pencil groups throughout Australia that would reduce the isolation and would foster a connectedness between coloured pencil artists both within Australia and internationally.
State by state, city by city, suburb by suburb, we are committed to bringing creative people, united by a common interest, to the fore, utilising exhibitions, newsletters, a comprehensive website and dedicated office bearers to incite greatness and passion, and to increase the education, profile and credibility of Australian coloured pencil artists worldwide.
YOU can help make our vision a reality. When you join the Society, we can put you in touch with other coloured pencil artists within your area and help you to set up a coloured pencil group, where you can have regular get togethers, draw together, share ideas and helpful hints and even hold small exhibitions as your groups grows.
Membership is rolling and renewal is due 12 months after joining. Your membership card should arrive in the mail within three to four weeks of your membership application and payment or renewal.
Accepted mediums include all wax and oil based pencils, watercolour pencils and artworks with mixed media so long as at least 60% of the work comprises coloured pencils. Pastel pencils are not considered to be coloured pencils.
Benefits of Membership :
- Exhibiting Membership
- Participation in our International Online Members only Colourbration exhibitions.
- Inclusion on our members’ page with a link to your personal website or art page.
- A featured artwork on our Gallery page.
- You will be sent a quarterly newsletter Drawn to Colour via email which will include coloured pencil tutorials and helpful hints.
- You will receive a membership card.
- Assistance from the Society in setting up and facilitating a coloured pencil group within your area.
- Information regarding coloured pencil workshops and tuition in your area.
- Ongoing offers, specials and discounts from sponsors.
- The opportunity to work towards Master status.
Fees for Australian exhibiting members - $30 Australian Dollars per year
Fees for international exhibiting members’ - $35 Australian Dollars per year.
Regular exhibitions are organised by AUSCPA.
View their website for the latest details on events.
- Email Address: email@example.com