Berwick Artists Society
|Main Focus:||Painting and drawing|
|Number of Members:||85|
|Membership Fee:||$40 per year single new membership, $30 renewal. $60 joint new membership, $40 renewal. Students under 18 $15 new membership, $5 renewal|
Berwick Artists Society Inc. was formed in 1992 by a group of local artists keen to share their passion of the visual arts. The Society is for both amateur and professional artists, indeed for anyone having a love of the visual arts. It is incorporated in Victoria and run by a small Committee of Management on a volunteer basis.
The purpose of the Society is to provide a group environment encouraging local emerging, professional and hobbyist artists to network, develop their skills and contribute to art in the community.
The Society has grown to become one of the major art societies in the City of Casey and surrounding Southeast region.
Barry Treloar, Barbara Robinson (Membership Secretary), Ben Wiegerink, Elwyn Sparks, Sha Yamin, Sandra Stockwell, Mary Murphy
To join the Society, an application form can be obtained by contacting the Membership Secretary.
Membership is from 1 July to 30 June each year. New members pay the full annual subscription which covers them up to the 30 June of the following year.
Our members enjoy:
- The Thursday Painting Group, where we gather to paint or draw, chat and discuss each others work in a friendly atmosphere. Thursdays 10.30-2.30pm.
- On the third Thursday in the month, the Portrait Group meets in conjunction with the regular Painting Group.
- Members' work for sale can be exhibited in the Berwick Chemist Cafe. Displays are changed monthly.
- Paint-outs, (currently suspended), are usually held on the second Tuesday of each month depending on weather conditions in Summer, Autumn and Spring.
- Monthly Demonstration Nights, fourth Wednesday of the month, 7pm at The Old Cheese Factory, Berwick. A variety of well-known professional artists demonstrate their skills. In Winter months the Demonstrations are held during the day - see our Website.
- A quarterly Newsletter to keep you up to date with Society happenings.
- Workshops are also held.
Members of the Society can exhibit work for sale at the Berwick Chemist Cafe: contact Mary Murphy 0419 574859
The Society also holds other regular exhibitions of members' work.
The Society’s Monthly Demonstrations by visiting professional artists are held on the fourth Wednesday of the month. For both members and non-members. A small fee is charged, and bookings are not essential. See our Website for details.
Demonstrations are held in the Function Room at the historic Old Cheese Factory, 34 Homestead Road, in Berwick.
Regular Art Classes
The Thursday Painting Group, 10.30-2.30pm, Old Cheese Factory, Homestead Road, Berwick.
The Portrait Group, held on the third Thursday of the month, same time and venue as above.
Paint-outs, held on the second Tuesday of the "better weather" months, venues and details are on our Website.
- Main Contact: Rosemary Stayner
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 0418 537321
PO Box 496,
Berwick, Victoria 3806