Berwick Artists Society
|Main Focus:||Painting and drawing|
|Number of Members:||75|
|Membership Fee:||$35 per year single, $50 joint, $10 student|
Berwick Artists Society Inc. was formed in 1992 by a group of local artists keen to share their passion of the visual arts. The Society is for both amateur and professional artists, indeed for anyone having a love of the visual arts. It is incorporated in Victoria and run by a small Committee of Management on a volunteer basis.
The purpose of the Society is to provide a group environment encouraging local emerging, professional and hobbyist artists to network, develop their skills and contribute to art in the community.
The Society has grown to become one of the major art societies in the City of Casey and surrounding Southeast region.
Quintin Baldwin, Patricia Brickell, Barry Collins, Brian Anderson, Helen Anderson, Marie and Denis Warnecke
To join the Society, an application form can be obtained by contacting the Secretary.
Membership is from 1 July to 30 June each year. New members pay the full annual subscription which covers them up to the 30 June of the following year.
Annual Membership fees:
Our members enjoy:
- The Thursday Painting Group, where we gather to paint or draw, chat and discuss each others work in a friendly atmosphere. Thursdays 11.30-2.30pm.
- On the last Thursday in the month, the Portrait Group meets in conjunction with the regular Painting Group.
- Members'work for sale can be exhibited in a section of the Moka Café at Beaconsfield and also in the Berwick Chemist Cafe. Displays at these venues are changed bi-monthly and monthly.
- Paint-outs are held on the second Tuesday of each month depending on weather conditions in Summer, Autumn and Spring.
- Monthly Demonstration Nights, last Wednesday of the month, 7pm at The Old Cheese Factory, Berwick. A variety of well-known artists demonstrate their skills.
- A quarterly Newsletter to keep you up to date with Society happenings.
Members of the Society can exhibit work for sale at the Moka Café in Beaconsfield, and also in the Berwick Chemist Cafe.
Moka: contact Leanne Brown 9799 2550
Berwick Chemist Cafe: contact Mary Murphy 0419 574859
The Society also holds other regular exhibitions of members' work.
The Society’s Monthly Demonstrations by visiting professional artists are held on the last Wednesday of the month. For both members and non-members. A small fee is charged, and bookings are not essential.
Demonstrations are held in the Function Room at the historic Old Cheese Factory, 34 Homestead Road, in Berwick.
Regular Art Classes
The Thursday Painting Group, 11.30-2.30pm, Old Cheese Factory, Homestead Road, Berwick.
The Portrait Group, held on the last Thursday of the month, same time and venue as above.
Paint-outs, held on the second Tuesday of the "better weather" months, contact Tony Purcell for venue details.
- Main Contact: Tony Purcell
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 0408 796833
PO Box 496,
Berwick, Victoria 3806