Botanical Artists’ Society of Queensland
|Membership Fee:||$35 per annum|
The Botanical Artists' Society of Queensland is a voluntary, non profit organisation formed to foster a greater knowledge, love and understanding of Botanical Art.
Botanical Art conveys the beauty of plants while retaining scientific accuracy in scale, form and colour. It ranges from scientific illustration to realistic flower painting and uses a variety of media.
The Society's focus is two-fold: to provide classes for those beginning or improving their art and to exhibit members' art.
The Society’s members include practising botanical artists and students from beginners to advanced, who are interested in and enjoy learning about the art form.
New members are always welcome. Membership forms can be downloaded from their website.
Membership Benefits include:
- A quarterly newsletter which informs you of the Society's activities and allows you to have input to the Society.
- An annual exhibition, which gives you an opportunity to exhibit your work.
- Occasional exhibitions and displays that extend the audience for your work.
- Classes and workshops to develop your botanical art skills.
- Momentum Days - informal painting days for creativity and companionship.
- Projects such as the Rare Plants Group where you can focus your artistic talents on topics of interest to you.
- Free access for five of your images on our Website Gallery Page.
- International and Australian exposure and contact via your email on the Website Gallery.
Annual membership is by calendar year. Half year membership is also available from 1 July to 31 December for new members only.
Annual Membership $35 plus $10 Joining Fee.
1 July to 31 December $20.00 plus $10 Joining Fee.
Family Membership $50 plus $10 Joining Fee.
The Society’s exhibitions and displays enable the wider community to view and purchase botanical art, observe artists at work and learn about the art form.
One recurring exhibition is held each year: Floressence - held in the Auditorium, Brisbane Botanic Gardens.
The annual exhibition Floressence is held in November, in the auditorium of the Brisbane Botanic Gardens, Mt Coot-tha. Artwork and merchandise sales are available at these exhibitions.
The Society conducts Botanic Drawing and Painting classes and workshops which are suitable for all levels from beginners to advanced.
The classes and workshops extend the skills of members at all levels of expertise and promote the development of Botanical art. Structured courses, individual workshops and extended advanced-level workshops are offered.
PO Box 1671,
TOOWONG Qld 4066