Macedon Ranges Art Group
|Number of Members:||30|
|Membership Fee:||$30 per year|
The Macedon Ranges Art Group, formed in the early nineties is a non-profit organization. Their aim is to encourage local artists and to help them promote their artworks and improve their skills through workshops, paint-out days and regularly organised non-tutored life drawing sessions.
They are a friendly and supportive group who provide an affordable and creative environment for members to engage socially whilst enhancing their artistic endeavours.
Members’ artworks include paintings in a wide range of mediums and styles, as well as pottery and porcelain.
The Group holds regular meetings for the Committee members. Their AGM is held in December to which all members are welcome.
The group currently consists of around 45 members, and new members are always welcome.
Annual Membership is $30. Benefits of membership include;
- Opportunities to showcase and sell your work.
- Discounts on workshops and demonstrations conducted by professional artists in a variety of styles and mediums.
- Regular Newsletters to keep you up to date on the Group’s activities.
- Friendship, support and social interaction with other like minded artists.
- Promote yourself via their member’s section on the MRAG website.
- Attend 'Paint-out’ days at various locations in and around the Macedon Ranges.
- Attend regular non-tutored life drawing sessions.
The group has one or two Art Shows each year, their main event is their Winter Art Show held in June over the Queen's Birthday weekend. A second exhibition is generally held in November over the Melbourne Cup Weekend.
Several Workshops and Demonstrations are organised throughout each year for both members and non-members. Discounts are available for members. Workshops are conducted by professional artists covering a variety of mediums and styles.
Several workshops are now lined up for the remainder of 2018 which will all be held at the Woodend Neighbourhood House.
The next scheduled workshop is Acrylics with Keri Adcock on the 22nd July. Click on our advertisement for full details.
Other workshops are as follows:
- Linda Weil on Saturday 4th August for a Coloured Pencil workshop using layering techniques. 10am to 4pm
- Kay Brabham on Saturday 15th September for a Scraperboard workshop. 1pm to 4pm
- Peter Smales on Sunday 7th October for an oil or acrylic workshop. 10am to 4pm
- Terry Jarvis on Saturday 17th November. Watercolour workshop. 10am to 4pm.
More information will be provided on the above 4 workshops closer to the dates.
Lists of materials will be supplied upon enrollment.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 218,
Lancefield, Victoria 3435