Port Community Art Centre
|Number of Members:||170|
The Port Community Arts Centre is a community-based Arts Group, located in the heart of Port Adelaide. The group have been serving the artistic community of Port Adelaide Enfield for over 22 years.
Their main activities include the running of Art Classes, Workshops and conducting Exhibitions in the lovely Black Diamond Gallery.
Since its inception, the Port Community Arts Centre has evolved into an efficient and effective incorporated organization administered by an elected board which is owned and supported by its paying members. It exists to provide activities designed to foster art tuition, via classes and workshops, and to exhibit their members’ artwork.
Their aims are;
- To provide a focal point for artists within (and outside) the Port Adelaide Enfield area.
- To provide meaningful learning opportunities for existing and aspiring artists.
- To provide an appealing venue to enable artists to successfully showcase their work.
Since its inception the Port Community Arts Centre has evolved into an efficient and effective incorporated organization administered by an elected board and owned, and supported by its paying members. It exists to provide activities designed to foster learning in, and the exhibition of al art. This is achieved via the ongoing conduct of art classes, exhibitions and occasional workshops and other activities.
They currently have over 170 members and this continues to grow. Membership affords many the opportunities to participate in art classes at which they can learn new skills and refine existing ones. These activities also enable friendly interaction with other, like-minded members in an enjoyable and satisfying learning environment. The workshops are conducted by and skilled tutors.
Membership enables members to:
- attend art workshops to further their skills and enjoyment of art;
- participate in members exhibitions;
- have their own website page to exhibit and publicise their art;
- enjoy interaction with other members;
- receive up to six bi-monthly newsletters each year;
- receive discounts on purchases of art materials from our sponsors;
- be eligible to win any of the prizes in our exhibitions substantial prize lists;
- hire the gallery at the reduced member’s rate.
They welcome new members, people who are interested in taking advantage of opportunities to advance their artistic skills and abilities and exhibit their work.
There is only one level of membership and the annual fee is only $15. Membership forms can be downloaded from their website.
Exhibitions are organised for both members and non-members and are held in their Black Diamond Gallery.
Port Adelaide Community Arts Centre is pleased to be able to provide a wide-ranging variety of Workshops to the public. The Workshop was once the lock-up for the old Port Adelaide police station but now caters to a much more benign group of “inmates”. It is located behind the Visitor Information Centre, is air-conditioned and includes art and pottery/mosaics workshops (with large kiln), three storage rooms, is wheelchair accessible and includes toilet facilities, adjacent.
They do not run classes itself but offer the workshops for hire. Tutors can hire the workshop, for 3 to 4 hour weekly sessions, at a very good rate of $10. Sessions are designed to enable students to progress, according to their skill levels and abilities, and are conducted on a project basis, where individuals plan and complete works at their own pace guided, when required, by the tutor. The social interaction provides a friendly atmosphere that facilitates a warm and supportive learning environment. Class fees range from $8- $15, depending on the tutor.
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
66 Commercial Road,
Port Adelaide SA 5015