Randwick Art Society
|State:||New South Wales|
The Randwick Art Society, the first Art Society in the eastern suburbs of Sydney, was founded in 2009 to promote Art and local awareness of Art in the community. A committee was formed headed by Patricia Reid, who was the elected President for 3 years, from 2010-2012. They are a not-for profit association.
Randwick Art Society is an important part of the Australian Arts and Cultural Industry. And as such, the Society makes a valuable contribution to Australia’s cultural life, through the activities of the Society and the generous efforts of the Society’s volunteer committee; enriching both their community and the whole of Australia.
Their vision as an organisation is to contribute to the ongoing development and growth of a sustainable and viable future for arts and culture in Randwick, the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, and in the wider Australian community.
Their mission is to work for recognition and appreciation of Art in the local community and promote all mediums of Art among like-minded members of the community through sharing, companionship, teaching, and exhibiting.
Their values are;
- Artistic quality and professionalism in the arts and culture, and in their activities.
- Lifelong and flexible learning in the arts and culture, and in their activities.
- Consultation and networking with their members, interested parties within their community, and across communities.
- Fostering community partnerships through their activities.
- Respect and inclusiveness in their approach to their members and their activities.
- Diversity of age, gender, social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds within their membership.
Their objectives are;
- To share companionship, teach and promote all mediums of Art among like-minded members of the community.
- To work for recognition and appreciation of Art in the local community by members participating in exhibitions.
- To raise funds to enable the above objectives to be achieved.
Assistant Treasurer: Marilyn Kime
The Art Society provides a range of activities for members, including opportunities to practice art and craft in the relaxed, friendly company of other members on Monday mornings at Randwick Literary Institute and to show their art and craft work in our Exhibitions.
New members are welcome. There is a nominal joining fee of $5.00 and an annual fee of $30.00.
Concession fees: Pensioners $25, Students $20. Associate Fees $10.
Membership allows you to attend their Monday studio time, exhibit in their Exhibitions, receive Newsletters, submit an ‘Artist Profile’ on their website, and participate in CASS activities. Associate fees allow you to assist the Art Society in its activities and be covered by insurance. Associates are not able to exhibit.
The Art Society has held a number of Annual Exhibitions at the Prince Henry Centre Little Bay NSW, with the support of Randwick City Council, since 2010. They also conduct smaller exhibitions locally and participate in the Randwick Literary Institute’s Annual Arts Festival.
In 2012 the Art Society became a member of the Combined Art Societies of Sydney (CASS); and as a member of CASS provides opportunities for their members to participate in the diverse activities of CASS, including their Annual Exhibition; Art Direct, an annual Artists’ trail and Art in Action, an annual workshop program.
- Email Address: email@example.com
Randwick Literary Institute,
60 Clovelly Road,
Randwick NSW 2031
PO Box 1062
Randwick NSW 2031