|Artist Name:||Claire McCall|
|Art Group:||The Australian Guild of Realist Artists|
It was the exhibition of one artist that flicked the artistic switch for me in my early thirties.
Fourteen years on there have been many painting miles refining my skills with varied and bold brush strokes to give my works visual texture.
Originally‚ I picked up the palette knife to loosen my painting technique.
With a brush in hand‚ I was often tempted to agonise over the detail.
I actually love the loss of control that the knife provides and the application of oil paint with its buttery texture.
There have been no formal art lessons in my time as a painter‚ only a few demonstration workshops by a select few painting heroes of mine‚ but my greatest teachers have been the actual artworks of the impressionist masters of yesterday and today.
As a visual learner‚ the written word has meant very little in my journey but the images of bold impressionist strokes‚ rich colour and bright lights have been everything.
I am a signatory member of the Australian Guild of Realist Artists (AGRA) and have achieved success in a number of exhibitions notably winning the prestigious 'Melbourne Clifton's Art Prize'.
Solo Exhibition‚ Montsalvat‚ 7 Hillcrest Ave‚ Eltham Resident’s Gallery Sept.30 – Nov.22‚ 2015
Awards & Achievements Include:
Group Exhibition Awards:
- 'Best In Show' The Great Art Show At Berwick 2017
- 'Best Oil/Acrylic In Show' King Valley Art Show 2017'
- 1st prize Best Real Life section' Edrington Art Show 2017
- 'Best Oil Painting in Show<$1000' San Remo Art Show 2017
- M.E Bale Art Prize Finalist 2016
- 'Best Life Study' at Flinders Art Show 2016
- 'Silver Medal' at Yakkerboo Art Show 2016
- 'Best Oil/Acrylic in Show' at Parade College Art Show 2016
- ‘Best Painting in Show’ at Bayside Art Show 2014
- ‘Best Painting in Show to $1400’ at St Kevins Art Show 2014
- 'Best Oil in Show' at Sir Nossal Fine Art Awards 2014
- ‘Best Oil in Show’ at Mount View Art Show 2013 & 2014
- 'Best Oil/Acrylic' at Moonee Valley Art Show 2015
- 'Best Oil/Acrylic' at Knox Art Show 2015
- Winner ‘The Whitehorse Artspace Challenge 2014'
- Finalist ‘Mortimore Art Prize 2012’
- Finalist ‘The A.M.E Bale Art Prize 2012’