|Artist Name:||Janet Matthews|
|Usual Medium:||Coloured Pencils|
|Art Group:||Wildlife Art Society of Australasia|
Janet's individual style of combining coloured pencil and graphite has been described as "weaving magic with pencil". Her realistic, detailed and gentle drawings are always of a high standard and reflect her own personality, humour, life experiences and love of our wildlife. Janet's love of drawing and her rapport with 'critters' is evident in her portrayal of animals and birds, either in their natural environment or co-habitating in suburbia.
- Diploma and a Graduate Diploma of Visual Arts.
- Fellow of the Australian Guild of Realist Artists.
- Fellow of the Wildlife Art Society of Australasia.
Art Group Memberships
Wildlife Art Society of Australasia
Awards & Achievements Include:
Janet exhibits regularly in Australia and overseas and has won many awards.
Some of her accolades include;
- 2014 Juried Award, Focus on Nature 2014, New York State Museum (top 14 artworks).
- Commissions by Australia Post for stamp images released in 2006 and 2009.
- Several Artworks in the permanent collection of the New York State Museum, USA.
- Artworks selected for exhibition at Australian Parliament House, Canberra 2014.
- Lindsay King Award winner City of Casey 2011.
- 2013 and 2011 Wildlife Artist of the Year- (Wildlife Art Society of Australasia).
- 2013- Winner Kenneth Jack Drawing Award, Australian Guild of Realist Artists.
- 2012 Overall Winner International Wildlife Exhibition @ Discovery, Canberra.
- She has a Diploma and a Graduate Diploma of Visual Arts, Monash University.
- Published in many magazines as well as books, 50 Top Australian Artists, Wild Inspirations produced by the Wildlife Art Museum of Australia.
Janet holds weekly classes in her Narre Warren North Studio, for both adults and children.
Janet also runs workshops (on Weekends) which focus on a theme for the day and teaches many pencil techniques step by step. Janet teaches all drawing mediums to all levels of expertise.