|Artist Name:||Janette Giacobbe|
|Art Group:||Malvern Artists’ Society|
Janette Giacobbe – Artist’s statement
I have always been involved in art to some degree i.e. pottery, silver and gold jewelry making, bead earrings and necklaces and since 2007, started painting.
Under the guidance of Gwen Krumins I became interested in pastels and worked with this medium for several happy years. Not being interested in painting with oils, I joined Malvern Artists Society and took creative drawing sessions with Maxine Wade. I stayed with Maxine for several years during which time I was looking for a painting medium that I enjoyed and could further my development. Whilst attending a mixed media session I discovered acrylics, and then I felt I really started to paint.
Under the skillful tuition of acrylic artist Craig Penny I have been painting with acrylics since 2011 and in 2012 joined the Heidelberg Artists Society and currently study acrylics with artist Susan O'Brien. With Susan’s guidance my interest in semi / abstract painting has grown and is a genre I wish to further develop.
To date have successfully sold paintings at Brighton, Chelsea, Bendigo, Sorrento, Mornington Rotary Art Exhibitions, Malvern Artists Exhibition, and to private clients.
- Maxine Wade
- Gwen Krumins
- Craig Penny
- Susan O’Brien
Painting tours taken are;
- 2011 - drawing/watercolour group hosted by Maxine Wade to Venice and San Gimignano, Italy.
- 2012 - acrylic group hosted by Craig Penny to Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- 2013 - acrylic group hosted by Craig Penny to Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Art Group Memberships
Malvern Artists Society.
Heidelberg Artists Society.
Awards & Achievements Include:
- 2011 - Highly Commended - Party Girl – Pastel Malvern Artists Autumn Exhibition.
- 2013 – First Prize - Siem Reap River Houses – Acrylic Painting Tour Siem Reap.
- 2013 – Best Other – “Bottles” acrylic contemporary - Malvern Artists Autumn Exhibition.
- 2014 – Highly Commended – “Sunflowers” – Malvern Artists Autumn Exhibition.
Contact the Artist
(03) 9376 0345 or 0438 303 800