|Artist Name:||Richard Rosebery|
|State:||New South Wales|
Since completing a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the National Art School in Sydney in 2015, I have spent several years painting landscape. A major work Southerly Bondi occupied nearly a year, plus a most enjoyable interlude painting plein air in the Western MacDonald Ranges in Central Australia. This sojourn in the MacDonald Ranges is now forming the basis of a new a series of landscapes that will be showcased at my solo exhibition in Sydney 2018.
I worked full-time in tourism and hospitality for over 35 years. First in adventure travel and then hotels. I wrote ads, brochures and websites as well as advised on strategic and creative direction for many successful businesses. I have been fortunate to travel extensively throughout Australia and the world, and whenever and wherever possible sought out remote and extraordinary natural settings that continue to offer rich inspiration for my art.
I still consult in brand strategy plus hospitality and tourism marketing, as well as do a spot of travel writing; however I now devote as much time as possible to my art. In 2013, I staged my first solo exhibition on Australian wildlife and 2018 my second solo was entitled The Heart of Australia, with hyperrealist paintings of the Western macDonald Ranges.
Born in Sydney in 1956, I married my beautiful partner Ruth in 1983. We have raised two wonderful daughters – Helena and Olivia.
At an early age painting and drawing became a real love. This passion continues!
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Painting), National Art School, Sydney, 2015.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics & Sociology), University of New South Wales, 1977.
- The Heart of Australia solo exhibition, The Gallery, Paddington, Sydney September 2018
- Clyde & Company Australia Community Art Project, 2016
- The Graduate Show, National Art School, Sydney, Nov., 2015.
- The Grid Show, National Art School, Sydney, June, 2015.
- Richard & Brush solo exhibition, Martha’s, Castlecrag, Sydney, Oct. – Nov., 2013.