|Artist Name:||Valarie Ross|
A dedicated contemporary artist, Val has drawn and painted since childhood.
Early training included study in NZ, England, Canada and the USA.
The work really is a retrospective of Val’s own life. “I paint because I want to express things, I want to create, and the drive is to keep experimenting, keep evolving.
With the work there is always an underlying element of beauty – be it vivid colour, form, pattern or reflection of light. Val continues to change and evolve as an artist. Through maturity, there is now the ability to express experiences and emotions with energy and colour which has given rise to an increasingly confident technique. Colour most certainly is the common language in all of the works. It is the deep and sensuous use of colour that creates a world of its own.
Travel is a major factor in Val’s work as well as continued inspiration from the local Sunshine Coast environment and also that of New Zealand, (the South Island where Val was born.)
“My passion for life and strong belief in the interconnectedness of all things and their relationship to the energy of the earth is the basis of my work. It is my wish that my works will bring inspiration and joy to all who see them.”
Followed by a loyal client base, Val frequently undertakes commissioned works. Her works are in collections in Australia and overseas.
Art Group Memberships
Sunshine Coast Artists
Valarie Ross has exhibited in New Zealand, several states around Australia and also in London and Toronto.
In the past decade work has been shown in a number of prominent galleries in Melbourne Victoria including the Libby Edwards Gallery in South Yarra, the Boathouse Gallery Frankston, and in country Victoria at Noels Gallery Red Hill, The Convent Gallery Daylesford, and the Melaleuca Gallery at Anglesea. For the past years, 2000 – 2015 work has been exhibited as detailed below. Currently my work is shown at The Saffron Gallery in New Zealand and in Australia it is only available from my studio and online via my website and face book page.
- 2015 SOLO Exhibition “Colours of the Coast” exhibiting in The Bryce Gallery NZ.
- 2014 Studio Gallery exhibition by invitation only. Sunshine Coast series. Work in Bryce Gallery Christchurch NZ .
- 2013 Commissioned by the new Sunshine Coast Public Hospital work for the demonstration unit acquired.
- 2012 Rosebed St Gallery group exhibition.
- 2011 Exhibition private function Bali and Pilbara series. Studio sale all proceeds in aid of “The Christchurch Earthquake Fund”.
- 2010 Completed the Bali series. Completed Pilbara series and also Middle Earth and Beyond series as a result of visit to NZ in March.
- 2009 Exhibition “Rapt in Tuscany” April private function sell out. Gallery Beneath, Art Nuvo.
- 2008 Into the secret garden series plus landscapes of the coast. Exhibiting at Gallery Beneath, Gallery Collections and Art Nuvo gallery. China Series private function.
- 2007 Paris and Tuscan series. Exhibiting at Gallery Beneath Mooloolaba and Artnuvo Buderim.
- 2005/6 Egyptian Dreaming series, Continuing to explore the Outback and Spirit of the Sea series. Exhibiting at Hart Galleries at Mooloolaba and Noosa, Gallery La Tourelle. Celestial Gallery Brisbane.
- 2004 ‘Spirit of the Sea’ series. Exhibited Hart Galleries at Mooloolaba and Noosa, Gallery La Tourelle. Celestial Gallery Brisbane. Group exhibition North of the Whitsundays at the Atrium Gallery Buderim.
- 2003 ‘Colours of Buderim’ series. Exhibited Hart Galleries Mooloolaba and Noosa, Tony Gill Gallery, Francis Reilly Gallery, Gallery La Tourelle. Galloway Gallery Brisbane, Celestial Gallery Brisbane.
- 2002 Outback series “West of Winton”. Exhibited Hart Galleries Mooloolaba and Noosa, Tony Gill Gallery, Francis Reilly Gallery, Gallery La Tourelle. Group exhibition Atrium Gallery Buderim.
- 2001 “The Wallum” Exhibited Tony Gill Gallery, Francis Reilly Gallery , Gallery la Tourelle. Hart Galleries.
- 2000 “Desert Series” based on trip to Lake Eyre and the Red Centre. Exhibition Hyatt Coolum Gallery “Colours of Buderim”.
Contact the Artist
contact via email